December 24, 2016

{Christmas Eve 2016}

This Christmas has been so...meh. I've never felt that way about the Christmas season before, but here I am, feeling it now. I didn't pull out my big tree this year. I couldn't leave it up with Binx here alone, I figured it would probably be killed. I wasn't going to be able to put my ornaments on it anyway for the same reason. I just pulled the tree Dawn usually puts up in her room, out of her closet and brought it down stairs. It's so sad. I hate it. For starters, it's white. Anything other than a green tree in my living room just does not make me feel the Christmas Spirit.


Not only did I not pull out my big tree, but I didn't put up any decorations either. I didn't pull out my snowman nativity scene (that I've had since I was little) or any of the little things I've always placed around the living room. I just haven't wanted to deal with it. If the big tree isn't up, what's the point?

Hell I didn't even start Christmas shopping until the 16th of December. We decided that because we went to Disney World this year, we wouldn't do a big Christmas. Which is fine. The kids don't need a huge Christmas on top of such a big trip. But that didn't help my lack of Christmas spirit either.

Anyway, the fact that I'm not feeling the season, doesn't change the fact that I've got kids that are expecting gifts and magic, so I'm powering through!

Last night (the 23rd) we headed to my moms house to have Christmas with her and her husband. They currently have custody of his grand kids so I picked up a few gifts for them too. I couldn't show up at her house with nothing for kids.






 We did a Chinese Auction/White Elephant gift exchange. For those that don't know, that's where everyone brings in something from the around the house (it's funniest when it's something people aren't expecting lol). One year I brought in all the missmatched socks I had (my grandpa ended up with them, he used them as rags at his shop *haha*), this year I brought in a Britney Spears Curious lotion (that is insanely old!), a half used Paris Hilton perfume, and body spray I got at Big Lots a few years ago that I just don't use anymore. I thought it was hilarious. One year when I was little, someone brought in a car door, I also remember someone bringing in a truck bed topper. Apparently every family doesn't do this! I think that's insane! It's hilarious!

Tonight (Christmas Eve), we went to D's grandmas. We do this every year.




 The kids opened the gifts she got them. We visited for a little while, then we went home.

When we got home I made goulash for dinner and we hung out until it was time to send the heathens to bed so I could play Santa.



So now I'm just sitting here. Blogging. At midnight. I should be sleeping, and that's exactly what I intend on doing as soon as I publish this post!

So Merry Christmas folks! Thanks so much for reading!


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment