October 14, 2016

{Supernatural, An F Bomb, & Disney}

If you don't watch Supernatural...you're crazy! What the hell are you doing with your life right now?? I have an addiction to this show. I found it on Netflix and couldn't stop watching it. I had to wait forever for Netflix to release the 11th season, and they finally did it Friday. Which means I've been binge watching since Friday. I am completely obsessed with this show. Like, I troll Instagram looking for anything about them. It's a little insane to be honest. The show is addictive. If you haven't watched Sam and Dean Winchester save the world from destruction, then you have not lived. The 12th season comes out on the CW on the 13th. So, I would set your DVR to record it, and then binge watch the whole 11 seasons. You'll thank me later. Trust me.


Last week I got a call from Dawn's PE teacher. No one hates PE more than me. I failed that class all three years of high school, which meant I had to take four PE's my senior year so that I could get the credit. It was awful. But I was never disrespectful to my teacher. Hell, I was never disrespectful to any adult. My grandpa would not have liked that, and the last thing I ever wanted to do was to disappoint him. So I sucked it up. I fought it, sure. Obviously. But I was a good girl and obeyed when I needed to. Dawn has no qualms about making someone disappointed in her. She doesn't care one bit about disappointing someone. She doesn't care about being in trouble at school either apparently, because she dropped an F bomb right in front of her PE teacher, during PE. Her teacher gave me a call the same day and I said I didn't know what to tell her. Dawn is willful and ridiculously stubborn. If she gets it in her head she's not going to do something, she's not going to do it and that's all there is to it. She is especially like this with females. With males she can manipulate easier and usually gets around doing whatever it is they want her to do. Anyway, her teacher calls me, I ground her. There's nothing else I can do. I've told her a million times about my experiences with failing PE in high school and she doesn't believe that will happen to her. Unfortunately it might not. My school was small, it was easy for me to make up those credits. But her school is huge and has a ton more kids than mine did. So I don't know if they'll allow her to do that or if she will have to come back after she should have graduated just to finish PE. Which would suck even more. Who wants to go to school after your supposed to be graduated already? I know that is something I've had more than one nightmare about. Maybe she doesn't care though. I don't know. What I do know is that she got her room cleaned out. All that remains is her dresser, clothes, bed, and an alarm clock. I suspended her cell phone service so that she doesn't even have that now. If this doesn't work, I don't know what will. But what I do know is that she is going to have it really rough after high school if she doesn't stop with this defiant crap she pulls now. But we've tried to tell her that too...she thinks she will be fine. We shall see I guess.

Now on to Disney!! I have been stressing a little bit wondering when our Magic Bands will come. When I google when they'll arrive it just says eleven days. So I asked some other Disney moms and they said that they usually come a couple days after the cut off for customizing them. Our cut off date is November third. So they should be mailed shortly after that. I can't wait! I'm so excited to tell the kids. And I think I have it all planned out how I'm going to tell them too! I know they're going to be just as excited as I am! We have hit a bit of a snag in our travel though. D was looking over his aunts van and it's not in as good of shape as he thought it was. So we're going to be taking our Hyundai Tuscon instead. I'm thinking of doing a how to pack a small car for a long road trip blog or maybe a video? I don't know. I'll decide when I get closer to the date. I wanted to do something like that for our other trips but it was pretty self explanatory and we were only going a few hours away then. This is a sixteen hour drive with no stops (bathroom and food breaks will add time obviously).

Speaking of food, I've already decided to make sandwiches and stuff for the drive so we don't have to eat out for every single meal on the way there and back. It should work out pretty well. It's times like this that I really wish we had the motorhome up and running.

But there we have it, a little update.


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment