September 7, 2016

{My Kids Are So Gross!!}

I am so frustrated with my children. I just don't know what to do anymore. And it's more so the teenagers than Owen. Of course he does his fair share of dirtying up my house too.

When we moved into this house, we pretty much gave the whole upstairs to the kids. We put a toy room up there with a TV and the PS4. They have all their stuff up there so that I don't have to look at it all over my house. Even though it still ends up all over my house.

We rarely allow them to eat upstairs or take any drinks up there besides water...and that's rare. But somehow every single damn time I go up there there's garbage all over the toy room! I know this is Gaiges doing. The kid doesn't know how to put things where they go. He just throws the stuff where ever he sees fit. Or shoves it under things. Take last night for example, I cleaned the toy room top to bottom. I moved everything away from the walls and picked up the mountains of fruit by the foot papers that were shoved behind a foot stool, put toys and video games where they go, all the normal stuff you do when you clean. I told them no more food upstairs!! So later last night I go up to make sure everyone is in bed and what do I find? Pizza sitting on the floor. I almost came unglued. I made Gaige get up and get it down to the garbage where it goes. But this morning when I went up to get a movie we rented out of the PS4, I found another pizza crust on the floor! I really don't think it's too much to ask to keep the food downstairs. We have a table for them to eat at. Hell Owen abides by this rule without a fuss and he's the one!

But Gaige isn't the only one making messes and leaving wrappers lay (or shoving them under things) oh Dawn does it constantly. She brings fruit bars and things like that into her room and instead of taking the garbage down stairs, because she knows she's not supposed to have it up there anyway, she drops it behind the head of her bed thinking I won't find it there. This is something we just went through like a week ago because she had a huge pile of papers and garbage shoved between her headboard and the wall. I made her pick it all up and clean out her room. Today I go up there looking for my pencil sharpener (the one they all know is supposed to stay downstairs) and find more garbage behind her head board. And I know it's not just from her not getting it from last time because there are papers behind it from things we bought while grocery shopping Friday. There are also things up there that she knows she's not supposed to hsve. Like the bags nuts that I told her were for her dad's lunch and not for her.

I just don't know what I'm going to do with them anymore. Grounding them doesn't seem to do anything. I don't think they care. I know Dawn doesn't, she gets grounded so much she is used to it by now. It's insane.

So tell me moms..what would you do??

0 comments:

Post a Comment