September 28, 2016

{3 Kids & The 16 Hour Drive}

If you know me at all, you know that the minute we booked our Disney World trip, I started planning the drive. For some, a 16 hour drive with three kids would be daunting and they wouldn't even dream of taking that bullet. But for me, the drive is half of the fun. And over the years, D has come around to that way of thinking as well. Besides that, I feel like if God had wanted me to fly he would have given me wings. Since I'm not currently an Angel or a bird, I'll keep my feet firmly planted on the ground lol.


When I was a kid I remember my grandma keeping books, coloring books/crayons, art supplies, games, and toys in a drawer in the motorhome. We were also all allowed to bring our own bag of things to keep us entertained. Taking a page from my grandmother (as I find myself doing more often as I get older) I'm also allowing the kids to bring things to keep them entertained. Each one is allowed to bring their own book bag of whatever they choose (within reason because Gaige would bring a bunch of junk he will never touch lol), but I'm also bringing some goodies to keep them (or mainly Owen) entertained on the drive.

Now we're planning on stopping in Tennessee, which is about half way, because D wants to go to some caves or something. I don't actually know what his plans are lol. I just know that stopping about seven hours in for the night is probably a good idea.

So I thought I'd share some of the things I'm planning on bringing aside from their normal electronics.

1. Car Bingo. I loved these when I was a kid! This is something that my grandma always kept in the motorhome. It's something we all four liked to play no matter our ages.


2. Play-Doh. This is mainly for Owen but Dawn enjoys playing with play-doh too. And so do I lol. I'm planning on picking up a party pack of those mini play-doh cups from Target. I also found some glow in the dark ones and I thought that would be kind of fun too. Something different.


3. Restaurant Bingo. I thought this was a pretty good idea. I can easily put the print off in a plastic sleeve and give them a dry erase marker so they can play over and over again. I got this game from 3 boys and a dog blog.


4. Books. Dawn is a serious reader. So I thought I'd either download some books to Play Books account or grab some used books from the second hand book store here in town. Gaige isn't really a reader, Owen is picky about what he wants to read. So I don't really think getting them books would go over too well.

5. DS Games. Each of the kids have their own DS. So I thought I'd pick up a couple new ones for them to play. I'm sure the boys will appreciate it.

To be totally honest, I think that should be enough. Between these things and the stuff they pack for themselves, it should be plenty to keep them happy for 16 hours. I might add some more goodies to the bag later, but as of right now, this is a good set of things for my kiddows.



-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment