July 25, 2016

{Personal And Career Goals?}

I've been toying with the idea of getting a part time job for a while now. Basically since Owen started kindergarten. But I always talk myself out of it. Usually ending up at the I like my alone time reason. Plus, I like that I'm free to go on field trips and visit his class when they ask me to and volunteer in the room with him. I don't have to ask for time off or have to disappoint him when I can't do something with him. I enjoy this time. Especially since he's the last one I'll get to experience it with.


But I decided to go ahead and apply for a couple jobs around town and see if I get any bites. I'm betting not. But we shall see right? A little spending money would be nice. Especially if I can get one now and put money away for our Disney trip.

I applied at the local video store (that we are at constantly) and one of the questions on their applications kind of made me laugh.

What are your personal and career goals?

What kind of question is that for a video store job? I mean, you literally check people out and stock shelves. It's not that hard. And it's not a place that you can really move up within the company. It's the type of place you work until something better comes along, and/or because it's convenient (which is the case for me).

Why ask something like that? Am I the only one that thinks it's a dumb question? lol

And how is a person like me supposed to answer it? My personal goal is to make it through my last kids high school years without killing someone. But you can't put that on a job application. My career goals? I don't have a career. I have a family.

So yeah. That's about all I have to say right now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment