November 13, 2015

{ThanksGiving is Coming!}

For the better part of my life I've had pretty much the same routine when it comes to the Thanksgiving holiday.

My grandma woke up at three o' clock in the morning to put the massive turkey in the oven. She would start any other food that might have needed a while to cook, and began prepping others that would just take a little while. We got up around eight o'clock and started getting ready. She'd put us to work doing one thing or another. Be it cleaning up the bathroom/living room/ random rooms. The kitchen was grandma's domain. Sometimes I would help, sometimes I would steer clear so that I didn't have to.


Everyone would end up trickling in around noon. My aunts, uncles, and cousins. All with dishes of their own to add to grandmas turkey.

In later years one of my aunts started taking over. We would all get dressed up and go over to their house. When my aunt was diagnosed with cancer, my uncle took over and we had it at his house.

Last year though, D and I didn't want to go anywhere. He got a turkey from work and I made Thanksgiving dinner for us. We invited his grandma, aunt, and Tristen but they chose to stay home.

It was so nice and calm all day in my little bubble that I decided to go ahead and do the same thing this year.

I already bought our turkey. I'm starting to plan our menu. What do you put on your table at Thanksgiving?

I have such picky kids that I have to make simple things along with my beloved green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. Mac & Cheese will most likely make an appearance. I intend on making some mashed potatoes and of course have some salad on hand for myself since I'm on a roll with this calorie counting and points tracking thing.

I can't wait to dig in to all that yummy food!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment