September 30, 2015

{First Teenager Party}

Dawn got invited to a girls birthday party today. This is the first time since grade school that she was invited to anything. Well, anything she bothered to tell us about. Usually she RSVP's yes to something and then doesn't tell us until the day before the party and expects to get to go (this has happened twice). I think that's why girls stopped inviting her to things. She thought that just springing it on us the day before would mean we had to let her go.


Once the girl having the party actually showed up at our house with her dad ready to pick Dawn up. D had to go explain to her dad what was happening. Dawn had not only been told she could not go (she told us about it but there was no invitation or anything saying a date/time) but she was grounded (and she knew it). We felt so bad for the girl because the rest of her friends had canceled on her too. We ended up going to the store and getting her a good gift.

Anyway- so Dawn gets invited to this party, and as much as I want to let her go be a 13 year old. She is friends with some girls that are..questionable. From their facebook posts they seem kind of like they're Regina George wanna be's. I don't want my kid around that, but you can't tell her anything cause we're stupid for not believing that these girls are her best friends.

The fact that it's a swimming party makes me a little anxious also. Girls are mean. Plus Dawn is scared of the water lol. She damn near refuses to get in the pool when we're on vacation and she clings to the side when we're at my in-law's. So I'm not sure how this is going to go down.

I'm going to let her go. I'm not going to make her miss it because I'm scared she's going to get made fun of or they're going to start bullying her after seeing how she behaves outside of school. I have to let her spread her wings a little right? She's going to grow up and figuring out who is a real friend and who isn't is all part of that. I did it, her dad did it, every girl goes through it. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to what might happen though.

I have been on pinterest looking for gift ideas though. I want to get her something she can use and that she will like. So I was thinking this..


It's a manicure/pedicure in a jar. I thought I could do a nail polish, some cotton balls, the toe separators, a file, some remover, and maybe some lotion. What girl doesn't like a good mani?! I could easily put her name on it. It might be something cute and different. And maybe a gift card to Starbucks or a tumbler? I don't know. I know Dawn would love to get something like this. But I would like to get something like this too lol. Is it too much for a 13 year old?


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment