September 25, 2015

{Weight Watchers: Starting Over}

In the last year I have basically completely given up on any kind of weight loss. I don't think I cared too much about anything but my grief. And although my grief is still there and I am still working my way through the grieving process, I realized after stepping on the scale the other day (which has been sitting in the corner of my bathroom with dead batteries for far longer than it should have), that I need to stop letting my grief get in the way of my progress. I need to stop letting it affect me this way, if only because I know it's going to hurt no one but me in the long run. Me being a blimp isn't going to bring my grandpa back. Stuffing my face full of potato chips and ice cream is not going to make it stop hurting at all. I'm going to cry and I'm going to hurt, and it's not going to stop for quite a while (or ever). So I might as well get back on this wagon and make myself a better version. Who knows? Maybe being back on this is going to help me feel better. I don't know.


I'm not signing up for weight watchers again. I can follow the program on another app (True Value Diary, which cost me $2.99) and it seems to be working just fine.

I weighed in last Monday and I was 207.6. Yes. I've basically gained all the weight I lost back.

When I weighed in Tuesday (cause I couldn't poop Monday and I refuse to weigh in without a poo lol) I was 206.6. So I lost .6lb. I know that's not a lot, but I'd rather be down .6 than up .6. Are pickin' up what I'm putting down here?

This weekend I'm going to get back in the gym. I've said it before and I just haven't bothered to go up there and get it done. But I'm going to. Probably tomorrow after I finish grocery shopping. I'm going to start getting back into my routine if it kills me. I kind of miss having that hour at the gym where I'm just by myself with my music (or a book..cause audible..hello!). I don't have to think about anything else.

So yeah, that's my gettin' skinny update for this week. Hopefully I can pull myself out of this funk I've been in and get back to helping myself be a better Kristin.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment