April 3, 2013

{Top 7 Fave shows}

I have always been a TV watcher and now with Netflix and Hulu I watch more than I ever did before. So I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you :). Just the top 7 though cause I could be here all day if I talked about all of them lol. So here they are, in no particular order.

7. The L Word
I discovered this show when it was originally on the air. I don't know why I got so addicted to a lesbian drama. I am clearly not a lesbian...I'm married with 5 kids lol. I like that it's the first one of its kind I guess. I'd never seen anything like it before and it sucked me in after the 1st episode of the 1st season. I missed a few seasons when D and I weren't living together. So I have to re-watch it so I'm not still wondering what the hell was going on lol.





6. Parenthood
Discovered this one on Netflix and then when I got through however many seasons were on there, I jumped on Hulu and watched the most recent season.

Follows 4 siblings and deals with their fails and triumphs. It's just really good I don't know what else to say about it :).




5. Army Wives
The girls in my mommy group were constantly talking about this one. I found it on Netflix and watched the seasons they had on there, sometimes until 3am. And then when the new season started on Lifetime I was on that like white on rice. There are so many changes this season though and I don't know if I'm going to like it as much. Why do they have to get rid of characters?? It's annoying.

This show is all about this group of Army Wives living on a base and dealing with the drama that comes with being the wife of an enlisted man. Or woman in 1 guys case. I'm not sure about the newest seasons cast though. I haven't "met" them all yet.









4. True Blood
Let me just say first and right off the bat I am TEAM BILL all the way!

OK, now that we've gotten that out of the way. I was looking for something good to watch one night and found this on on demand. I watched the first season in like 3 days lol. It's all about this telepathic waitress that falls for a vampire in the 1st season and drama and blood and death seem to follow her wherever she goes. It's amazing as hell. After watching the 1st season and doing some googling to find out more about it, I found out that it's based on a whole book series. The Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris. They're a light read but good heavens they're good! I've read them all at least twice. I check the authors website all the time to see if she's posting anything about the new (and I believe final) book coming out this May.

3. Madmen
Set in the '60's and follows the people who work in the ad agency. It's so addictive! I put off watching it for so long and I'm sorry I did. When it first came out I kept hearing that it was great and suspensful and such, but it just didn't appeal to me. But thanks to (you guessed it) Netflix, I got bored one night and couldn't stop watching. It just pulled me in. It's one of those shows that you get so wrapped up in the characters that it's like everything they're doing, you're doing. At least for me. I don't know about others. Then again, this is their 6th season so they have to be doing something right, right?











Fairy tales are real and the only one that knows it is a 10yr old kid. He has to convince everyone else. I am a total fairy tale fan. All of them are here. Even the ones that I couldn't remember lol. Belle, Rumplestilskin, Snow White, and just all of them. I heart it. You can get the past seasons on Netflix (where I found it) but the most recent season is also on Hulu. So jump on and discover the awesomeness that is fairy tales :)













Basically this girl takes a job as a doctor in a small town even though she doesn't really want to be there and she doesn't fit in. The first season is all about figuring out how she's going to fit in and deciding if she's gonna stay. It's pretty good. I'm not super addicted or anything. But I do enjoy Wade ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment