April 10, 2013

{Thats ENOUGH!!}

I don't know about the rest of you but I get so tired of picking up after kids! I had my house totally clean last weekend, the minute the boys came in from my grandparents house on Monday morning it was a disaster area again. There is always something that doesn't belong there on my table. Usually bowls/plates from whatever they ate last and wrappers from poptarts and chip bags. I am just so tired of it!! I don't see why I bother to clean at all if they're just going to come behind and leave a mess that looks like a tornado hit. I've decided to take to pinterest and see if I can't find some way to organize that will keep the crap off the floor and the table.

I do have to say though that since I said I was getting rid of toys amd clothes that were left down here they have been careful about taking them upstairs. So at least they are picking something up.

And I just had a great idea while looking at pins. Its not really organization that I need. I need rules and limits on what is ok to snack on and when. So I have thought up a few rules to post in the kitchen for all the kids to see.

No more snacking all day.
You may have a snack between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner.
These snacks do not include chips, cereal, poptarts, cookies, or anything not in the following list;
Apples, oranges, grapes, cereal bar, strawberries, any other fruit.
You eat all meals at the table and snacks too.
You eat what we eat or you may make yourself a pb&j sandwich.

I'm sure I will think up some more. I'm tired of running out of everything and I'm tired of picking up the papers left behind from all day snacking. And I'm really tired of reaching for something to eat and finding what I want is gone.

So there we go. What are some of ypur rules for snacking and meal times?

0 comments:

Post a Comment