April 24, 2015

{It's the Land of No More Sleep}

Also known as I have insomnia but it's brought on by the fact that I have a huge pink cast on my leg. Blah.

I haven't been sleeping hardly at all these days, not at night anyway. I used to get up when D got back from dropping off Owen so that he could have the bed. More lately, I'd say probably the last couple weeks, I've been staying up all night and sleeping until my alarm goes off to tell me someone needs to get the kid. It's very depressing to be honest.



And to be even more honest I think that's (depression) most of it. There's nothing that I can really do except maybe laundry so I switch from the recliner to the couch most of the day. At some point I told myself why bother getting up if you're just going to sit there all day and watch bad TV? Why not sleep and at least make the time go by faster. I know that's not good. I know I need to make myself get out of bed. But at the same time, like I said, once I'm in the recliner, there's nothing for me to do to occupy my time. It's really frustrating.

And speaking not being able to do anything, my house is disgusting. D does the best he can, I know that. But the floors need vacuumed. Bad. There is probably six inches of dust and dog hair under the kitchen table at this point. My grandma was sweeping the dining room for me when she would come over but since I got my cast I don't really have to be as careful and immobile. So she doesn't come over anymore. And even if I told Dawn to do it, she would just half ass it and piss me off and then I'd be even more annoyed. She loves to do that. Half ass a task and then get all butt hurt when she gets called out on it. I'm not in the mood to deal with that crap anymore.

Blah. While we are out grocery shopping tomorrow (or later today since it's 2:15am), I think I'm going to pick up some Tylenol PM and hope that gets me back to where I need to be. I have always been a night owl, but this is ridiculous. By the way, our shopping trip tomorrow will be the first time I've left the house in two weeks. Yeah. The last time I was out of the house was when we went to Costco for our groceries two weeks ago. It's starting wear me down.

I just have to keep telling myself that I've only got a couple more weeks and then I'll have the boot on. Not that it'll be that much more wonderful, but it'll certainly be nice to start feeling like I'm healing. For anyone that's gone through something like this I think you understand where I'm coming from here.

My next appointment is May 7th so I'll have my cast off then and get my boot and I should be able to start putting weight on it again and behaving more like a human being. I will also be able to remove the boot to bathe and shave my legs! Let me tell you girls, it's getting to be a hairy situation under this cast! Not to mention the skin is all dry and peeling. I'm told this is normal. But it doesn't make it any less gross. What makes it even worse for me is that I'm one of those girls that shaves her legs every single day. I don't skip days. I don't let my legs get all furry in the winter. None of that. I want nice smooth legs, always. And not being able to shave has been one of the worst parts of this whole damn experience. Ugh.

So yeah. Just a little under two weeks and I'll be a little further in my recovery process. Which will be amazing. I don't have any pain anymore at all though. I haven't taken my Hydrocodone since I realized it gave me a friggin' kidney infection (thank you cystex and ridiculous amounts of water for curing quickly!). I also haven't taken any Ibuprofen in a while either, except for a headache. I got a killer one a week or so ago and had to pop a couple but that's it. Nothing for my ankle in a while. Which is good! No pain means I'm almost healed up right? *Crosses fingers* Please let that be the case.

I am taking Vitamin D though. Apparently I am deficient and so D is making me take them. I hate vitamins.

So that's what's happening here with me. In the land of no more sleep ;). I'm also slowly starting to plan Dawn's 13th birthday party. Slightly shocked she's making it to 13..I thought I would have sold her by now lol. (I'm KIDDING)

I'll be sure to post all about that jazz as soon as I get some more stuff locked down for it.

Someone talk to me! ;)

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment