April 17, 2015

{And That's How We Got Engaged}

I was just sitting here at 12:30am watching reruns of Sex and the City on demand (thank you D for the new laptop, my old one would have blown up by now with as much TV as I watch on this thing), the episode where Aiden proposed to Carrie. I couldn't help but think back to the time when we got engaged.

Some of you know the story of how we ended up getting married. If you don't I'll sum it up for you. He bought me a wedding set (my beautiful engagement ring!) and so I just changed my facebook relationship status to engaged lol. He kept getting asked about it so he finally came home and said you might as well start planning a wedding since everyone keeps congratulating me. Bahahaha! What a way to get engaged right?



What most people don't know is that we were engaged once before. Before Owen was even thought of. So I thought I'd tell that story!

I don't remember dates obviously, but I do remember that we were supposed to go to dinner with my FIL and his wife. Something I was not personally excited about. On the same day a stray dog showed up at my front door.

Those who know me, know that I can't just let an animal be homeless. It's impossible. So I brought him in, gave him a bath, and some flea/tick drops (since he had them). Of course that took forever. We ended up missing dinner with his dad and step mom. Not that I was crying about it lol.

So a week later I think, we got a sitter for the kids and did date night :).

We saw a movie. I couldn't tell you which one anymore.

Heavens that's an awful picture of me lol

And then it was off to Chili's which is my favorite place to eat. I can't tell you how often I go there. Any time there is a function where I get to choose where we eat, that's where we end up lol. Yummo!

We were done with our dinner and started talking about the past and all that jazz. Nothing too exciting. Then he says something like Will you marry me and pops out this bad boy!

Please excuse my sausage fingers, I was swollen and super pregnant when I took this picture.

I wasn't surprised by the ring, I'd known about it all along. In fact, I picked it out and bought it online for $20 lol. But it was dream ring. I loved it the minute I saw it. It was a silver band with a 2ct princess cut diamond (CZ actually). I loved that damn ring! It came up missing when I went into the hospital with Owen. I left it on the desk in the office at my grandparents house and I never saw it again.

Anyway- I of course I said Yes!!!! and replaced the promise ring I'd been wearing for the previous three years with it. 

Gold band, pink heart, & two diamonds on either side. I still have this one ;)

And that's how we got engaged the first time. Romantic? Probably not as far proposals go. But was it us? Completely laid back and chill? Yes indeed it was :). 


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment