May 14, 2014

{Changes Are Coming}

I just spent the better part of my day cleaning 2 rooms in my house, in between doing laundry. And I have come to the conclusion that I am going about this thing all wrong.

My kitchen table is a catch all for everyone's crap. Be it homework, electronics, books, and random tools D refuses to put away. And I am at the end of my rope with it all. So today I'm making a change.

I cleaned off the kitchen table as best I could today (some stuff just doesn't have an actual home yet) and from now on the table will not be just for piling up homeless items. It will be for eating and doing homework.

This comes on the heels of me having to pick up dishes from the living room. Which annoys the crap out of me. How hard is it to just pick up whatever plate/bowl you just used and take it to the kitchen on the way to the bathroom? Its no harder for everyone else than it is me. Right? Or am I some super human and the dishes are actually super heavy??

Yes, I am admitting that my family does not usually eat at the table. Most often we have a couple in the living room, a couple in the dining room, and usually Owen up stairs. Don't judge me. You know its more common than not these days. No more though.

And while I'm on the subject of changes, I am done picking up after people who can pick up after themselves. I spend more time picking up toys, clothes, shoes, and hot tools than I do anything else when I clean. And I've come to realize that its because my "if I have to pick it up it goes to good will" rule had gone out the window. I was doing pretty good there for a while and then Cassie moved in. And although she thinks she picks up after herself...she does not. I find hair products and hot tools on my dryer pretty much every single day. Its beyond annoying. Especially with her being 17 and I've reminded her more times than I can count.

So we shall start this all over again and see if the house doesn't start getting taken care of a little better.

I hate to be that mom...but I'm counting down the days til I'm an empty nester. That is truth right there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment