July 6, 2013

{A Work in Progress: Part 2}

I know I haven't been blogging much since we got back from our trip. But to be honest, there hasn't been that much to blog about. My days are filled with laundry and yelling at kids to "shut the door the air is on!" when they're running in from the pool. That's about it. So yeah, real exciting right? That's what I thought. Who wants to hear me bitch because my heathens are being...heatheny? lol

But today I have exciting news! We are finally getting closer to getting this house done, one room at a time. Well, actually 2 rooms at  a time.You can read all about the first part of our journey to an awesome house here. And today we got the rest of the ceiling painted white and even put up the crown molding!!

We went to Menards and got just some plain molding and then used the same paint we used on the trim and the floor. I think it turned out really nice!

The ceiling was finally finished too. Thank God no more of that hideous green/tan color.

And to put the icing on the cake, D put up the stencil that his aunt and uncle gave us as a wedding gift (yeah...a year ago lol). I have been waiting to get the living room kind of done for it to go up. I got my chance! :)





I think I'm gonna get some frames and put a bunch of family pictures all under it! I can't decide if I want to go uniform though and do all the same style or if I want to just get random styles and paint them all the same color? I don't know. What do you think? I've been pinning like a mad woman and I'm seeing that varying styles are popular.

There you have it folks, one room almost done :). I want new curtains and to get the stuff on the walls. We're still going to add a mantle piece (after we get a new T.V.) and eventually we'll put laminate floors down in there. But for right now, this is pretty close to perfect for me :).

What do you think?




0 comments:

Post a Comment