November 24, 2012

{Ematic Tablet & An Email from Santa?!}

I know not a lot of people read my little blog here, but I thought even if I help one person avoid the BS of this tablet, it'd be worth the time spent writing this. D and I wanted to get Bug his own tablet for Christmas this year. I thought a cheaper one might be better because chances are it'll get broken eventually and who wants to be out $200? Plus, he's 5yrs old. He doesn't need something that expensive. So I got on walmart.com and ordered him the Ematic tablet. It said it was an android so I figured it would use the market and have all the great apps that he loves on my phone. Not the case. This tablet is an android but has its own app store. I was super annoyed with that at first, but then it wouldn't even let me register for the app store! It kept giving me the drop down for country but it wasn't showing anything. No matter how I held the tablet it was blank. It also had a wonky touch screen. No matter where I clicked it would take me to where I didn't click and when I tried to scroll it would zoom in. Pointless. I eventually just got tired of it and decided to take it back. It was $64.00 at walmart (that's with tax). I'm just going to get him an Innotab2 and be done with it. So if any of you are searching for a tablet for your little one, bypass this one and save yourself the headache.

Now on to more pleasant matters :)...well..leading up to more pleasant anyway. Driving home from picking up the Drama Queen and Bug yesterday from my grandparents house, the subject of Santa came up. Bug looks at me and said, "Santa's not real!" Now you can imagine my horror. Who had taken my little boys innocent belief in Santa so soon?? He's just 5. He can't have figured out that it's just a story already! Has he?? So I ask him, "Where did you hear that?" Ready to rip whoever had told him this crap a new one. He says, "Drama Queen" (only he said her name lol). I almost pulled the car over I was so mad. She denied it of course because she knew she screwed up. I made her go straight to bed that night. How could she tell her little brother something like that?! She doesn't even completely not believe in him yet, how could she try to ruin it for him?? I'm still so annoyed with it that I could spit nails. But instead I took to my facebook mommy group (hi girls!!) and vented to them. One of them gave me this site..Portable North Pole. You can made a personalized video to your child from Santa! You get to choose if the child has been naughty or nice or if they've been an equal mix of the 2 (like most kids are). You add a picture and tell a little about your child so Santa can state some facts about them. Then the site emails the video to you from Santa :). Bug was completely thrilled by it! He officially believes in Santa again and will for as long as he doesn't realize I set that video up lol. To explain why Santa had emailed him I told him I had emailed him first and told him what his sister had told him. And he wanted to prove her wrong.

Of course when Drama Queen found out about this video, she wanted me to email Santa about her and see what he had to say. So I made her a video except I put her on the naughty list. Mean? Probably. But the kid told her 5yr old brother there is no such thing as Santa. And she needs to learn not to open her big mouth. Santa knew an awful lot about her too :).

So I think all of you should go over to that site and let your little guys/girls experience an email video from Santa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment