November 27, 2014

{One Boring Thanksgiving}

Usually on the holidays I get up semi early, get showered and start doing my getting ready routine. Then I wake the kids up and make sure they've got all their clothes ready. Then I finish getting ready. We are usually out the door after a few fights and a little more yelling than I would like. But today this was not the case.
I got up around 930 to D already in the kitchen. He had put the turkey in the oven and had peeled and quartered the potatoes. We couldn't really make anything else until the turkey was about half way done since nothing else was going to take 3hrs to cook. So we hung out and watched the Macy's parade until I could peel myself off the couch. I made the green bean casserole, corn, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. I put the pumpkin pie in the oven also.
By noon everything was ready and we one eating our first round by about 12:30. That never happens lol.




D and I headed to the hospital after that to see my grandpa who is in with pulmonary fibrosis. He is looking much better than I thought he would be. They actually think he might be coming home tomorrow. We shall see :).
So in all it was a pretty boring day. Just the way I like it these days :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment