November 9, 2014

{A Thanksgiving Change}

For as long as I can remember I've always gone to someones house for Thanksgiving. When I was a kid it was always at my grandma's house. She would get up and the crack of dawn to make the turkey and start doing anything extra. The table was set and everyone showed up ready to stuff themselves and engage in conversations about bodily functions (lol). Then as I got older my aunt started having the dinners. The same things would take place at her house, except we would also play games around the table. Last year my uncle took over and it was pretty much the same scene. The faces often change from year to year as people grow up and get married, spending their holiday with the other side of the family, but it's still all pretty much the same conversation.

This year, though, D has requested that we stay home. He wants to just have a thanksgiving with us and our kids at our house. I'll cook the food. I thought that maybe he would invite his grandma over but I guess he isn't into that idea. He says she's not doing anything this year.

So I'm guessing you can all see where I'm going with this post. D and I will stay home. I'll cook and then I'll clean up after it. We won't sit around and talk, we will most likely eat in the living room and watch TV just like we do every single day. And it won't be the Thanksgiving Day Parade like we watch at my family's house. It'll be a movie or show that no one can really agree on. I'll end up playing referee to the kids like I do every day.

Owen will end up eating cereal because he doesn't like any of the food made. All while watching youtube on his tablet.

I really don't want to do this this year. I like to be around family. At the same time though, I know why D doesn't like to go to other peoples house. His asthma always makes it a pain with people smoking (even if it's not in the house) and pets roaming around or on peoples clothes. I know what you're thinking, Go without him!, but then I feel bad because it's thanksgiving and he's sitting at home doing nothing.

I really hope it doesn't suck this year. If it does, I'm sure you guys will hear about it lol.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment