May 12, 2013

{To my kids on Mothers Day}

To the one who started it all; I would not even be celebrating this day had it not been for you. When I found out I was pregnant with you I was scared out of my mind. And I continued to be scared...10 years later and you still scare me. Not because I don't know what I'm doing but because I don't ever want you to look back at your childhood and be disappointed with me. I am so thankful that God saw fit to make me your mom. I am so thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life watching you become the thoughtful, caring, smart, amazing person you are sure to be. So thank you for letting me be your mom...and for showing me that it is possible To fall completely in love with someone you just met.
 Me and G meeting for the very first time.

The one I chose to love; I know that I didn't carry you for 9mo. But I have been there from the time you were barely 2. I have watched you grow into a very smart (all be it bossy) young lady. I taught you to tie your shoes and I was there when you finally learned to ride a bike. And I will be there when you go to your first dance and have your first boyfriend. I will be there when you experience your first heartbreak and when you get married. I know that I did not give birth to you but I don't consider you any less my kid than the 2 I did bring into this world. I love you...even though your attitude sometimes makes me want to run for the hills.
 First picture of Drama Queen and I at a bday party for my great- grandmother.

To my smallest; Oh the fits you gave me when I was pregnant with you. The sickness and the swollen everything. But I was still so excited to finally meet you. When I held you the first time I just wanted to eat you up. Since you are going to be my last I wanted to keep you a baby for as long as possible...probably the reason I nursed you so long. My little booby monster. I love watching you grow up though. I love watching you become a little boy and the time we share is so special. I look forward to spending my days with you and cuddling you every single night to go to sleep. I love you five my little :).
 A few hours after my little boy was born.
And while I'm at it, thank you D. Cause without you I wouldn't have 2 out of 3 of my kids. Without you...G wouldn't have a dad. And he does love you so much. And so do I.
Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment