September 1, 2018

{Is He Even Old Enough For This?!}

I'm finding it difficult to write this. I'm not ready. I knew the day would come, but I just wasn't prepared I suppose. As a mom I have always been so shocked at how fast time flies when it comes to my kiddos.

It seems like just last week I teaching Gaige to walk and say mama (which always came out pawpaw) and singing him to sleep at night. I still remember laying in his bed with him at night, scratching his back and singing Rudolph because it was one of the songs he knew the words to too. I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I would sing My Girl  to him, switching up girl with Gaige and he would sing mommy instead of Gaige.

Where did those days go?

How did they pass by so quickly?

Why did I take them for granted as they were happening?

Now, he's fifteen and thinks he's grown.


The kid seriously has jobs lined up and thinks he's ready to be an adult. Of course, I'm sure every fifteen year old thinks they're ready to be out on their own right? Until they are actually at that point in their life and then they realize their mom actually knew what she was talking about and they don't shit about shit in the real world lol.

Don't lie. It happened to all of us.

But last week, my fifteen year old got one step closer to being an adult. One step closer to leaving me. One step closer to giving me grey hair.

The husband brought home this for him.


I can not even handle this. I'm not ready.

I also called the school and he's on the waiting list for drivers ed for the next nine weeks.

I'm not going to make it through this. I swear I'm not.

That's a normal reaction from most moms though right?

I think I just need to take a deep breath and shed a tear for his childhood because it's almost over. My little boy is almost a grown up. Before I know it, he'll be moving into his own apartment, getting a girlfriend, getting married...and making me a grandma.

I honestly can't wait to see what an amazing man this kid grows into...especially since he's always been such an amazing kid.

Thanks for reading guys!

Are any of your kids driving yet?

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment