September 3, 2018

{A Year Later! | My Part-Time Job Update!}


I honestly can't believe I've been at this job for almost an entire year.

As of next month (October nineteenth) that is.

Aside from babysitting (I sat for the same family for three years, every summer and any time they went out on the weekends), this is the longest length of time I've ever had a job.

If you don't count being a mom. That I've been for fifteen years. It was a lot harder than job I have now.
For the last year I've been working this job. It was touch and go for a while there.

Especially when I was dealing with that horrible woman who ran our department before.

But now all is well in Laundry Land.

All is so well, in fact, that they made me full time the other day! I signed the paperwork and everything!

I know, this was supposed to be a part time job. But I was working twenty hours a week (five hour shifts at a time) and every other weekend (nine hour days). I was there every single day. It was pretty much like I was full time already...without the benefits of being full time.

When the last girl left (drama) I told my sister (who is lead of our department now), that if it's possible I'd like to be moved to full time. I'm there all the time anyway and I could use the money (what with all that Disney vacationing I plan to do!).

They waited a while to go ahead and make the switch, but now, here I am! Full time!

I'm pretty happy about it.

I've never had a full time job before. And I feel like we finally have a good team in laundry. A mom of one of Gaiges friends got a job there about a month ago. We like her! And we just hired another new girl, we're not altogether sure about her yet. But I think she'll be OK once she gets trained.

So there's my update! I know, it was short lol.

Do you work outside the home? What do you do?


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment