February 15, 2017

{So Thankful I'm Not Single}

This thought is coming on the heels of a dream I had the other night. In this dream, which could also be classified as a nightmare, I was dating a guy who was not my husband. I have zero idea who he actually was but that's not important. I'm not sure if we were meeting his family for the first time or what, but what I do know is that I had a kid with me. I want to say it was Owen, but I'm not positive. What was completely weird was that we were on this island, in the middle of nowhere. I guess that is kind of the definition of an island though right? lol Anyway all of the sudden this guy says he has no interest in dating me, that's right, while we're with his family. Oh but it gets weirder. I'm packing up our stuff to go and the driver he has to take us away, left and got rid of all of our stuff. This is the part of the dream where I break down and start freaking out. I just keep screaming I knew she would do this to me! It was completely...weird. I have no idea where it came from.


But it definitely got me thinking...I could not be single today.

When D and I first started talking online dating was still relatively new. Sure people were meeting on the internet, there were dating sites. But we didn't have them at our fingers 24/7. There was no Tinder, there weren't apps for everything. You had to logon via the computer and go through profiles. Profiles that were usually more than just a few words about yourself.

Most of the people online dating these days are just looking for a quick hookup, and if it turns out to be love it's just a happy accident. But judging by the amount of story times I've seen on YouTube having to do with Tinder horror stories, those times are few and far between.

I'm not saying that when I was on those sites there weren't guys just looking to hook up, I met those guys. But I feel like with today's technology there are just so many more.

To be honest if I were to suddenly end up single at this point in my life, I don't think I'd even want to date. What are the chances I would get lucky twice?

Have you been online dating?


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment