January 20, 2016

{Our DisneyLand Adventure!}

When I was 15 my cousin graduated from the Marines all the way out in California. My grandparents automatically said This is something the kids should see and arranged to take us four kids with them on this trip.


We borrowed our aunt and uncles large van, the kind that the back bench seat turned into a bed, and loaded up. There were four kids, my grandparents, and my great-grandma (gram) in this van on our 2,000mile, 30 hour trip. It was an experience that's for sure.





Along the way, from Illinois to California, we made a great many stops. The Grand Canyon, Las Vegas (which as kids wasn't that fun but it was an experience), and even some random stops that included a Flintstone camp ground and a deformed cow.

But the best part of the trip? The surprise trip to DisneyLand! None of us had ever been before and I remember being super excited! I love all things Disney!








Looks like a good time was had doesn't it? It was. I can't say I remember a whole lot, but I do remember it being so much fun and so magical. We stayed until almost closing, but were only there one day. So we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked to.

My favorite part was probably Mickey and Minnies houses. Those aren't there anymore I don't think. Which is sad because I would have loved to some day take my kids there too.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment