May 16, 2012

{Recipe Wednesday- Shepherds Pie}

This is a real favorite in my house. And it was one of my favorites when I was growing up. It's funny how we start making the same things our mothers/grandmothers made. Of course, my shepherds pie could never compare to my grandmothers. But whatever, D and 2 out of 4 kids like it lol.

So here is the recipe!

Ingredients:feeds family of 6
2 lb. hamburger
10 potatoes (2 per person)
Cheese Slices

Directions:
Start by preheating your oven to 350*. I like to get my potatoes in the pot and cooking before I start the meat. Usually I let them start to boil (and see bubbles) before I'll put my meat on to brown. Make your mashed potatoes like you would any other time. Brown your meat like you would any other time. Once both of those are done, take a 9x13 pan (or whatever size you like..I prefer bigger for obvious reasons) and spread the mashed potatoes into it. Before you pour your meat into the pan, drain any grease that might be in it. Now pour the meat in and spread it out so that it covers the potatoes. Put your cheese slices on. Pop in the oven. And your done! I usually leave it in for about 15min. or however long it takes for the cheese to melt. Since the other ingredients are already cooked, the cheese is the only important part when it comes to the oven :).

I usually let it cool a little bit before serving. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment