October 10, 2018

{My Kid is Obsessed with Fortnite}

I'm going to be the first to admit that I have no idea what the hell fortnite is about. I'm aware that it's some kind of cartoon like shooter video game. That is the extent of my knowledge on this game.

My eleven year old son however is obsessed. He gets up early in the morning before school (not every morning but most of them) to play before he has to leave.

All he wanted for his birthday was PS4 cards so that he could by V bucks. So he could spend it on skins for Fortnite and his battle pass (I have zero idea what that is).

When it came to Halloween, he said he wanted to be some skull guy (a Skeletrooper? What the crap is that?). That proved to be difficult.


The other morning Dave and I headed to Spirit Halloween to find the skull guy costume.

If your child is as addicted to Fortnite a mine is, then you've been through this part.

You get to the Halloween store/walmart/target and scour the entire section for this damn skull guy and you're left scratching your head and cursing because you can't find one anywhere. So you ask a store employee.

This is less than helpful as their response is we'll be getting a truck on *insert day here* but they're hard to keep in stock.

While the store manager was trying to call around to his other stores and see what they had in stock, I even messaged a friend who manages a couple stores a few hours away. She had nothing also.

We were at a loss.

Why didn't we buy it online you ask? Cause naturally that's where everyone gets everything these days. Yeah, the delivery time for every single seller on Amazon was November. How are you going to have a delivery time of after Halloween for a Halloween costume?? Baffling.

But how many people actually bought it? (You did. Didn't you?)

So we were at a loss as to what to do.

Owen is a pretty easy going kid. So I just explained to him the issue and asked him if he could just pick something else.

He didn't know what that was going to be. But we still have time to figure that out.

Until Dave text me today at work and sent me a picture...


Apparently this character is also highly sought after and just popular among the Fortnite obsessed children of the world.

When I got home from work I had him try it on. It's about a size too big lol. But we can always make it smaller, we can't make it bigger.

So he's pretty excited to be able to be something from the video game. Even if it's not that skull guy (who the crap wants to be that guy anyway, am I right?).

What are your kids planning to be for Halloween this year?

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment