June 4, 2018

{He Wants Me to Stay Where?!}


Y'all...my husband finally talked me into taking a trip that has more to do with the outside than the inside. We shall see how this works out.

I'm not sure if you guys know this but I describe myself as a city country girl. Basically that means, I grew up in BFE, I like to fish, I don't mind getting dirty, and I'm not a stranger to cooking over an open fire. But I don't pee outside, sleep on the ground, or want to be surrounded by bugs for longer than about 15 minutes. I have been tent camping maybe once in my life, and I don't remember it lol. I do enjoy camping in a camper though. I want to be in a nice comfy bed when I go to sleep at night and I want to be able to shower and sleep in the same place (meaning...I don't have to walk to showers/bathrooms and walk back to the camp site).

So when the husband suggested staying at Meramac State Park on our trip to St. Louis this year, I was skeptical. I need air conditioning in July and I'm not adventurous when it comes to out door stuff. Neither is Owen (and Dawn hates everything we plan lol). But the past several years we've done what I wanted to. So I went ahead and let him plan this years trip.

Well, I mean, he planned it as far as where and when we're going. Everything else is up to me (typical).

He made the reservations for their cabins (better be air conditioned!) and informed me we would be taking the dogs also. I'm not going to lie folks, I'm glad to be getting out of town for a little while, but I am not super excited for a trip like this. I'm nervous about taking the dogs. I'm afraid Owen will be bored and whiney the whole time we're gone. Blah.

I'm positive the dogs are going to have a blast though. Dave said him and Gaige are planning on doing some zip lining...I am not. I will go on all the roller coasters at Six Flags, but I will not go zip lining. He probably could have talked me into it had I not seen this scene in Girls Trip


If that can happen. It's bound to happen to me. And you know it as well as I do.

But I am kind of excited for floating down the river on big raft. But when I was just reading that it says no dogs in the raft..soo..I don't know if we can do that. I don't want to cage them all week while we're out doing fun stuff. Blah. We will figure it out when we get there I guess.

I'm most excited for Six Flags and City Museum again! The kids enjoyed the Museum last time we went. Even Dawn liked it. But she was like 11. So she was still semi impressed by stuff at that point lol.


Definitely recreating this gem.

But so that's what we're doing this summer. I will absolutely post more about it as we get closer. My usual, what are we taking, how I'm packing the car, and all that jazz will be posted. It's gonna be a little different since I only actually have to pack for 3 people this trip. Gaige and Dawn will pack for themselves! Woohoo!


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment