November 6, 2011

{It has begun}

D came home yesterday and told me that he was going to give me money when he gets paid next to go shopping for stocking stuffers. I got excited! And then he said, "Drama Queen wants a cell phone." I put my foot down. I have no desire to have a 9yr old with a cell phone. But he made his case, he wants to get it for her. We're going to look at plans and see what will work best for her and for us (and our bank account). It kills me though that she is just 9 and already wanting something like this. I was still playing with Barbies when I was 9. I didn't get my first cell phone until I got a job at 18, and even that wasn't mine, it was my grandmas and she let me take it with me to make sure I could get a hold of someone if I had car trouble (which came in handy once since I ran out of gas lol).

She has also been hounding me for months to let her get her ears pierced. To this I did not object. I just never seem to have the time or the cash to take her to get it done. So this year for Christmas I'm gonna go ahead and get her a gift certificate from Claire's as one of her 'under the tree' gifts & some ear rings in her stocking.

I'm actually pretty excited about her getting her ears pierced. I have always said that I wouldn't do it until she asked for it. It just kinda kills me that she is old enough to ask. *sigh* It's hard to believe that she is already 9 years old and a long way from the 2 year old I met when D and I started dating.

I have a feeling it never gets easier does it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment