July 29, 2018

{Bedroom Make Over Inspiration}

I have wanted to redecorate our bedroom since we moved into this house. I thought it could be so cute with a fresh coat of paint (that wasn't that landlord beige-ish color) and some cute furniture. But seven years later, other rooms in our house have gotten some love, but not the bedroom. I think part of the reason is because we just sleep in there. No one actually sees it. We don't show it off or anything. We close the door when guests are over because it's right off the living room. So there was no rush to get it done. But now since I'm working, I'm slowly but surely trying to get rid of old furniture, organize things, and re-do this bedroom so I can film in it lol.


I wish I had pictures of what it looked like before I started doing anything to it. But I don't. Or at least I can't find them if I do. When Dave's oldest daughter was staying with us for a little bit she and I pulled up the carpet. Apparently the non-pet owners that we bought the house from, lied (imagine that!) and they did have a dog. Which peed all over the carpet in every part of the house. Dave's allergies were going haywire so the carpet had to go. I should have blogged that whole process. It was disgusting...beyond actually. It smelled horrible, the padding under it was falling apart because it had been peed on so much. Yeah. You can almost smell it can't you? Gross.

Anyway, I thought I'd start the redecorating process and I wanted to share with you some of my ideas! I got all of these pictures from Pinterest (you should follow me on there because I pin all the time!)

This is what I'm starting out with (please excuse the mess. I'd like to blame it on someone else, but I have no motivation to keep it clean and with the floors looking like that, it doesn't feel clean even after I do it. So I don't.)


That's a panorama shot, so I'm hoping you can see it or at least get the gist of what is happening in there lol. We got rid of the huge dresser that took up that entire back wall and bought that small white one. That's why there's really no furniture in the room. I have to buy some lol.

Now the following pictures are what I'm thinking for the redo!

Lets start with the color palette I'm planning to use.

I'm thinking more towards the soft white for the walls and that powder blue for the baseboards. I don't intend on doing crown molding for the bedroom. I want colors that will lighten up the room but also make it feel a little bigger. So all the bedding/furniture will be lighter colors.


Dave and I have long thought that a platform bed would be prefect for us. We are both rather tall and I honestly hate that we have a metal bed frame and a box spring. I would much rather have something like this. When I found this picture I am convinced that we need to do drawers also. This would make so much more room in our small bedroom.


I'm positive that we won't use this exact flooring, but this is the color and kind I'd like through the bedroom and living-room. I love dark wood floors. And if you look in the picture I posted of our bedroom, our floors need done badly. We made the mistake of redoing our dining room floor ourselves (sanding and staining), that isn't something I'm willing to endure again. So I'm going for the snap together laminate. That's good enough for me.


I am obsessed with this idea! I think it would look amazing and save so much room! It's a just a three tier rolling cart, something you might find in a crafting room. 


This picture is why I chose a tall white dresser for the bedroom. I love the look.


Recently I've been wanting to start editing my videos on a desk top. My laptop just is not able to keep up with what I need it to do. As much as I hate to admit that, because I love my laptop. So I figured I'd put a small desk in my bedroom. I love this set up! I don't love the chair though. It looks uncomfortable AF. So I'll find one that's a little more my speed. But the desk and how there are small shelves and pictures all over, I'm loving that.


Dave is probably going to kill me for this one lol. When we moved in here we had those mirrored sliding doors on our closet. Very 70's. Not pretty. I hated them. So we got rid of them. Then we had a huge mirror on the large dresser we got rid of just recently, but it went with the dresser. So we couldn't keep it lol. But I have to have a mirror in my room. I need to be able to see what my clothes look like before I leave the room lol. I love the white mirror in the picture and I love the twinkle lights surrounding it. 

Alright folks, that's about as far as I've gotten in the bedroom with the planning. I'm excited to finally get it done. It'll be months before it's complete though...since I have to fight the husband on pretty much every single decision. 

I'll of course be documenting its journey!

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment