February 7, 2018

{I've Lost How Much?! | #weightwatchers Update}

I'm just going to come right out and say it, joining weight watchers along with getting this job has been the kick in the pants I needed to really start focusing on myself. I have seen my self esteem sky rocket the last few months. Sure there's drama where I work (it's a room full of women for crying out loud), but I love working. I love knowing that at the end of two weeks I'm going to have money in my account that I did not have to ask for. It's not taking away from a bill (hell, I've helped to pay a couple). If I want to go shopping, I can. Because I have the money to do so. If I want to book a trip to Disney, I can because I can pay for it myself (over time...that business is expensive!). Not all of it is finances though, I find that I like having somewhere to be every day. I like knowing that I get up in the morning, take Owen to school and have to be at work (or sometimes I pick him up depending on my shift that day). Really I just love the whole thing!

And joining weight watchers again, definitely the right move at the right time for me. I know that I've said that before in the past, but this time it's true. I think I was a little depressed. I sat around the house all day just sitting in my own misery and boring life. I couldn't commit to weight watchers because I couldn't see past my own depression. With everything that has happened the last three years, I just stopped caring about myself. But I'm glad that I got back into it when I did.

Ivan would be proud of me for this.

Over the past four months I've been counting my points, sticking to my dailies as much as possible. I'm not going to say I don't still eat junk food, because I do. But I have tried to stay away from carbs as much as possible. I'm getting my water in while I'm at work. I'm also getting usually around 8k steps a day. I'm working for it and it's paying off.

So tonight I got to thinking that I hadn't done an updated picture in about a month (and we all know how much you can change in a month on weight watchers!). I was so excited with what I saw! I thought I'd post my updated picture next to the previous two.

(first pic is before I started my job, second was 1/4/18, and the last was tonight!)

Do you see what I see?? My tummy has gone considerably. I'm doing excited! I can also tell a difference in my face. I'm not as puffy anymore, my double (triple?) chin is going away, and I can wear the wedding ring that actually came with my set! Something I couldn't do before.

I can not tell you guys how happy I am with my progress so far.

As far as my weight goes, when I was weighed myself this morning (which is something I do every morning before I shower), I was 205.2. Hopefully I can maintain this for the next few days and I'll have lost another pound by Friday (my official weigh in day).

How is your weight loss journey going? Any progress pics you want to show off? You can tweet me, or you share them with me on Facebook!


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment