May 16, 2010

{I never thought I'd see the day..}

D and I have been together for 6 years (holy crap!) and in that amount of time I have witnessed him doing many things. None of which surprised me too much (after past boyfriends he would have had to be really creative to shock me), but today, at 2pm, he accomplished shocking the crap out of me.

Yesterday at the birthday cookout (because it wasn't actually a party) he informed me that he would be getting baptized today. Yes ladies and gentlemen of the blog-o-sphere I said baptized. Why does this shock me? Because for the 6yrs I have known him he has been very vocal about his opinions on church. He didn't want to go, he didn't like the set up, and he didn't need someone preaching at him about how to live his life. Which are basically my views also to tell you the truth. But as of a few months ago, he has been going to a Native American church. They focus on NA traditions and such. He has always been in to that type of thing (and has NA on both sides of his family). Anyway- today he baptized and joined the church officially. I can't believe it. Now, I'm not a religious person folks (big surprise there), but I am very proud of him for making such a huge commitment. After 6yrs of listening to him tell me how most religions are not worth his time, he is joining a church. A real one lol. Anyway- you know I got pics :)

Right before they started.

The living spring just behind the church. Amazing.

He should have dunked him ;)

Officially a member of the church. He's pretty happy about it :)
So there we have it folks. I'm officially dating a church goer. Who'd have thought right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment