May 15, 2010

{Git R Doooone!}

Raise your hand if you attended a Larry The Cable Guy show last night.

*slowly raises hand*

That's right folks! Who's jealous? Don't look at me that way, you know you're green with envy! How did I score tickets to see such an awesome comedian? Welp, here's the deal..

I was just coming out of the theaters after seeing Iron Man 2 (awesome!) and I checked my phone. I notice I have 4 missed calls and 2 text messages. I thought something was going on with Bug or G (they were with my grandparents) so I hurried up and called my mother (my 4 missed calls). Turns out that, nothing was wrong with my boys (thank goodness), but my step-father had gotten several tickets to the show and wanted to know if I wanted to go! Ahhh! I was so excited I could have peed right then and there in the lobby of the theater. The show was 8pm, it was 5 minutes to 7. We hauled ass to my mothers house to pick up the tickets and thanked my step-dad profusely for getting the tickets.

See, a year or 2 ago when I had wanted to purchase tickets for Larry the Cable Guy they were $200 for the cheap seats. No way was that gonna happen lol. I figured I'd just have to wait until he wasn't as popular and came into town. I knew it would happen sooner or later lol.

So anyway- we had great seats in the upper bowl. It wasn't the nose bleed seats but we were pretty high up. We also had a great view of the stage. A local comedian came on first, he was pretty funny. I laughed quite a bit. Then Bill Invall came on. Now, I think he's really funny. I do. But the dude recycles his jokes. We (D and I) had both heard all of them several times. Ask me if they were still funny...yup, they were *haha*. He did have some of them that we hadn't heard though too. So it wasn't horrible or even bad, just not surprising.
Now, when Larry came on-- that was a different story! The first thing out of his mouth was GIT R DOOOONE!! He was way too funny! I laughed so hard if I wouldn't have gone pee before we sat down, I'd have soaked my jeans LOL. It was crazy funny!

OK bloggies you can be super jealous of me for the rest of the day now! ;)

Stay tuned for more updates, I also had a birthday party today for the drama queen and D. Good times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment