March 9, 2018

{His First Set of Stitches!}

I'm not sure I'm cut out to be the mom of a kid who has no regard for his own safety lol. I vlogged this, but I thought I'd go ahead and blog it too. Since no one seems to have watched this vlog but me lol.


The other day while I was cleaning the house, which is what I thought I'd be doing all day, I get a call from Gaige. And it goes something like this...

Gaige: mom...guess where I am.
Me: The bathroom?
Gaige: Nope. I'm at the hospital getting stitches.
Me: You have got to be shitting me right now Gaige.

He proceeds to tell me that while at our family land chopping wood, he slipped and sliced open his finger. He said he could see bone.

I, of course being raised by a worrier, was worried. I did not panic (I like to think I'm pretty good at not having a heart attack every single time I get a call that someone is hurt...I'm a mom of boys after all. We're tough.) but hung up the phone with him and informed Dawn that we needed to head to the hospital so I could sign papers allowing them to actually treat him. Which made little to no sense to me since when I got there, they had already stitched him up and were putting bandages on him. But whatever. I would have gone there anyway cause ya know...he's my kid.

He got something like six stitches I think, just on his index finger. It was not to the bone. He had been at the land by himself (which I don't like but whatever...) and had used one of my uncles hankies that he'd found in the camper and electrical tape to make his own tourniquet while he ran to the car where my grandma picked him up and took him to the hospital.

It was an ordeal to say the least.

This will most likely not be his last visit.

I got a couple pictures though.



These were taken after all was said and done.


And there we have the boo boo.

So that was an eventful Sunday to say the least. He's fine now though. Actually he's off running around and crap already. He's just not allowed to be at the land alone until it's healed. 


-Kristin

0 comments:

Post a Comment